„N“National Transport Infrastructure Conference with International Participation” is the largest and most prestigious scientific and professional forum in the field of transport infrastructure in Bulgaria and the Balkan Peninsula. It has been held annually since 2007. Its organizers are:
• Department of Roads and Transport Facilities at the University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy (UACEG),
• Transport Infrastructure and Construction Institute,
• National Committee of Bulgaria to the World Road Association (PIARC) - Bulgarian Forum of Transport Infrastructure Association.
Over the years, the CONFERENCE has become a leading forum for presentation and exchange of innovative ideas and solutions in the sphere of construction, maintenance and management of transport infrastructure. Distinguished representatives of the relevant scientific community, state institutions, industry and the public concerned participate in the forum. The event is under the patronage of the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works, the Ministry of Transport, Information Technologies and Communications (MTITC), the State Agency for Road Safety.
Through the past years, the Conference and its organizers have become the driving force behind large-scale processes in the field of transport infrastructure such as the updating of legal regulations with reference to road and street design, the establishment of a national committee of the World Road Organization in the Republic of Bulgaria, the establishment of the National Road Safety Agency, The National Road Safety Strategy and others.
The main objectives of the CONFERENCE are:
- To provide a platform for exchange and sharing of information and experience in the fields of SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY and INNOVATION in the different sectors of transport construction. Traditionally a detailed attention is paid to all elements of the transport infrastructure - construction, maintenance and management of roads, railways, underground, airports, geotechnics, strengthening of landslides;
- To provide an opportunity discussions on important topics to be held, bringing together leading international specialists, lecturers and guests proven themselves in the scientific and engineering sphere;
- To support and stimulate all important aspects within the overall broad objective of building quality and sustainable transport infrastructure and improving road safety.
The long-standing partners of the forum are: “Metropolitan” JSC, Bulgarian Construction Chamber, National Railway Infrastructure Company (NRIC), Bulgarian Branch Chamber Roads, Bulgarian Branch Association "Road Safety" (BBARS), Road Infrastructure Agency (RIA), various international chambers of commerce and associations.
The forum's audience comprises international experts, specialists and managers of well-established companies in the construction industry, representatives of governmental and non-governmental organizations, as well as academics.